1. “I do smoke, but I don’t go through all this trouble just because I want to make my drug of choice legal. It’s about personal freedom. We should have the right in this country to do what we want, if we don’t hurt anybody.” -Bob Marley
2. “We had reached the end of the line for medical options.” -Paige Figi, mother of child with Dravet Syndrome. “The quality of life was none. I mean, we were at the point that we were hoping she would die peacefully in her sleep because it was so much suffering. She wasn’t there. Charlotte wasn’t there anymore.
After giving her daughter medical marijuana: “It’s been amazing to hear her talking and interacting with me. I can’t even put into words what that means to me.”
3. “The fact that, in the United States, there are people serving ten-year prison terms for growing marijuana plants in their backyards while Wall Street racketeers, who have defrauded millions of people and destroyed the global economy, walk free is a kind of bizarre hypocrisy that boggles my mind.” – Mark Haskell Smith, author of Heart of Dankness: Underground Botanists, Outlaw Farmers, and Race for the Cannabis Cup
4. “The medicines that we are giving her right now are ripping her apart. I’m asking you to please support this legislation I am on my knees for thousands of kids.” – Stephen Carlin, who’s daughter suffers from a severe form of epilepsy.
6. “My daughter has to decide between being healthy and being happy. She doesn’t want to be here.” – Beth Collins, mother of 14-year-old who was forced to move away from family and friends to Colorado for access to medical marijuana.