According to the National Chicken Council, 1.25 billion chicken wings will be eaten this year on Super Bowl Sunday! That’s enough wings for someone to put a bucket filled with 572 on every single seat in each of the 32 NFL stadiums. We know this crowd loves munchies! And that you will definitely be contributing to all the snacking going on during Super Bowl XLIX. In case you need some help with your party planning, here’s a list of Kush Bottles’ favorite game time chow!
1. Chips and Queso – CEO, Nick Kovacevich, will be serving this crowd-pleasing cheesy dip at his Super Bowl party. If you want to make it yourself, try this restaurant style queso blanco recipe. Or, if you don’t want to have to go to the hassle of cooking for the big game, Daily Finance ranked Trader Joe’s queso the best store bought, house brand around.
2. Bacon-Jalapeno Dip – Like a little spice? This simple bacon-jalapano dip from Food Network Magazine is one recipe we’re all dying to try!
Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 2 cups shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup milk, 4 slices chopped cooked bacon, 1 tablespoon bacon drippings, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar and 2 thinly sliced jalapenos. Spread in a baking dish; top with buttered breadcrumbs (preferably panko). Bake at 350 degrees F until golden and bubbly, 30 minutes.
3. Chex Mix: This classic, yummy snack can be reinvented in a million different ways! Even if you served it last year, experiment with a new blend and serve it to guests again. A couple fun ones to try include: thin mint chex mix, cinnamon churro chex mix, and cake batter chex mix!
4. Zucchini Fries: Looking for something a little more healthy? We also love Zucchini Fries! All you need for these tasty treats are zucchinis, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, and breadcrumbs. Then follow this simple recipe.
5. Sliders: If you’re looking for some serious fuel that will get you through the whole game, not just till the half-time show, then try whipping up some winning sliders. These dynamite mini ranch burgers are a good place to start!
Have any favorite munchies of your own?? Share them with us below!